On my recent trip to Venice, California I picked up a long board from the local Arbor skate shop. I have not skated in for a long time but after seeing what a smooth ride the new boards with big wheels give, I was sold. I settled on the 33" Zeppelin Cruiser as it was the longest I could fit in my luggage. The coolest feature on this board is the Gullwing Sidewinder 9.0” trucks with double bushings for serious carving. My first adventure was riding down Ekamai at 11pm during the curfew, taking advantage of the low traffic during the military coup. Some big kicks and I was carving down the normally busy Ekamai road. I'm going to need to pick up some extra protective gear to really get serious, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be a decent hobby for my old age. I'm looking forward to finding some nice long sloping down hills, which I'm sure exist in the North of Thailand. Seems there are is a nice long boarding community here in Thailand. Here's a few videos I found.
- Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Lego Airport
- Buying a BBQ Grill in Thailand
- Honda PCX upgrades the scooter market
- Political marketing? Central’s red shirt message
- Tradional, Thai, and Topless
- 2010 Kawasaki ER6-N ABS Review
- Muay Thai Cat?
- Why we hate Thaivisa.com
- Pay for True Wi-Fi with Skype Credit?